Wheel of life is a popular coaching tool because it is simple yet powerful diagnostic tool. It can consist of the cornerstones of your life or any other areas you want to focus on and diagnose such as personal values, work environment, specific relationships etc.
Usually the Wheel of life includes 8 categories which are general for our lives:
- Family & friends
- Personal development
- Fun & Recreation
- Contribution to society
Of course, you can change, add or remove any area of your life you wish to do so like emotional state, creativity, spirituality etc.
The 5-step process:
- The key is to determine the areas that are most important to you (focus areas) but make sure you include your strong and weak areas, so you maintain healthy balance.
- Assess how are you doing in each focus areas from 1 to 10, where 10 is awesome and 1 it could not be worse.
- Challenge your believes and ask yourself some meaningful questions for the areas with less than 10: “what is stopping you to get to 10?” “What would 10 bring you?” “How does lower grade make you feel?” “How it’s impacting other focus areas?” and so on.
- Design some potential actions you could take and then commit to most appealing and realistic ones in a measurable way.
- Check-in with yourself and the wheel after 2 weeks to see about the progress you’ve made and the impact it has on you and your life.
We all tend to have some areas we are more skillful in and we tend to spend time in these areas, neglecting our areas of weakness. For example, you can excel in your career but therefore neglecting time for some physical activities and recreation. The wheel of life reveals such discrepancies to your conscious mind. It can help you discover some blind spots and areas for your personal development that will support you in your growth and achieving balance.
In addition, many times, the reason why we fail to grow in some areas is because of our limiting beliefs and fixed mind set that are preventing us to have balanced, fulfilled life.
Committed coach will partner with you in designing your mind in a way to discover what is possible for you behind those limiting thoughts and will help you achieve your goals and the balance in your life.